Thursday, May 2, 2013

Growing!


Indoor transplants in March.


Indoor transplants in April. 


Indoor transplants in early May. 

I've started to move some things outdoors to harden off like leeks, a few petunias I'll have to cover if it dips below freezing and some rather large celery plants. We really need to get the garden planted, I have peas, lettuces and other greens and all kinds of scallions planted so far even though we've been awfully busy working on our home renos. This weekend should be a good weekend to get a lot of things planted and I'll be able to plant a few things every day until then. 

4 comments:

  1. A great selection! Alas, I was away and my tomatoes got leggy and now, think I can't resurrect some of them. Maybe it is my cue not to grow tomatoes this year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! That's happened to me before, I transplanted them and buried most of the stem. Saved the day! I need a greenhouse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a couple of greenhouses on kijiji. I can jot down the ad #'s next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No need! We're building one, we have a whole bunch of salvaged materials all ready for it. One screen door, all glass, and several old windows.

    ReplyDelete