Friday, May 2, 2014

Under the Fishbowl.



My fishbowl cloche worked extremely well. I planted a few odd peas I had saved from my sugar snap pea vines last year, as well as a couple kale seeds....I think, it's possible that it may be arugula or another green. Sometimes I plant so many things I forget what I planted where,  although for the most part I remember. I should label things as I plant them, make things easy and eliminate the guess work. How humdrum and boring that would be. What's life without some surprises, excitement and spontaneity?  Besides I can identify almost everything once the true leaves emerge.  


I have to make sure I remove the fishbowl if the weather is too warm, as it will quickly intensify the heat and kill my cool loving crops.  Thankfully, not really, it's been quite cool around here and heat hasn't been an issue for the cold frames or cloches. Fingers crossed it soon will be! 

2 comments:

  1. First time I'm hearing about "cloches," but it makes perfect sense. I'm inspired to give it a go with some mason jars and peas. I'd love to have an early batch of sugar snaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until you see the variety of vintage and new cloches, I'm hoping to get my hands on an older more attractive one, or a few, to put to use. Although fish bowls and mason jars certainly do the trick! ;)

      Delete