Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Green Lentil Pate

Here is another dish I made for the Holidays, *Penny Ormsbee's Green Lentil Pate, which turns out the loveliest green colour imaginable. Perfect for a Holiday table or any time of year. I usually serve it with carrot sticks and pita triangles but it can be used a number of ways. I've used it as a spread for a wrap with some greens and sprouts, dipped everything into it from nachos to pepper slices. Unfortunately again I was running late and unable to snag a quick picture, the next time I make it I will have to post one.

Green Lentil Pate

2 cups cooked green lentils
1/3 cup very lightly roasted sunflower seeds
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and 2 tbsp. tamari
1/4 cup roasted yams/sweet potato
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
pinch of sea salt
splash of toasted sesame oil


Place ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.

*Penny Ormsbee is a Registered Holistic Nutrition Consultant  practicing at the Therapeutic Approach Health Centre in Halifax N.S. You can check out Penny's website right here at  http://www.pennyormsbee.ca.


2 comments:

  1. Hey you -
    How do you cook red lentils? I think you told me once on the phone that you were making them to eat with naan bread and dahl was one of my favorite foods in India but I don't know what to include in a recipe

    ps - we're going organic for the new year - wish my wallet luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try and buy from Farmer's markets to save dough and plant your own in containers on your balcony as soon as you can.
    I'll make and post a recipe/pic of dahl made with red lentils really soon, I've been craving it anyway.

    ReplyDelete