Friday, July 20, 2012

Garden Shots.


These were actually snapped a couple days ago, it's too cloudy today for good pictures. 
This is the big picture of the garden, although since our garden continues to grow every year, we're unable to snap a picture of the entire garden any more. We also have another bed separate from this bed for corn, squashes, cucumbers, melons and soybeans.  


First year growing pole beans, I love them and I haven't even eaten any yet. Anything that grows upwards is always a great space saver in the backyard garden. 


The salad patch, baby mesclun mix lettuce. We have romaine and leaf lettuce planted besides, this mix we use mostly for salads.  


Bush beans, two trellis's full of peas, onions, cold frame and tomatoes, ground cherries and peppers at the top. 


Breakfast AKA sugar snap peas. The only pea variety I bother growing. I really enjoy shell peas, the reason I don't grow them is they take up so much space to obtain a really good crop. I often tuck a few into a corner here or there, although I opted out this year. 


Potatoes, beans, brussel sprouts, beets and carrots can be spotted here. 

1 comment:

  1. Your garden certainly has expanded. you've probably been watering it where it's soooooo dry.

    ReplyDelete