Friday, July 20, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I have very kindly been notified by Anita at Beverly Bees, http://www.beverlybees.com, that she has nominated me for the The Versatile Blogger Award.


I follow Anita on twitter and really enjoy reading her blog that stirs my desire to keep bees and use honey in and for everything. With the Beverly Bees blog, I can live my beekeeping dream vicariously through her frequent posts. I'm always trying to attract bees to my gardens and encourage them to stick around and spread their pollination love. Beverly Bees is a wealth of bee information including plants for bees, information for beginners wanting to keep bees and amazing bee photos. We cannot emphasize the importance of bees for our eco- system, and Beverly bees highlights how fantastic these creatures truly are.  

Thanks for the nomination from Beverly Bees, I am truly honoured!

Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.
Seven random facts about myself:
1. I am a Registered Holistic Nutrition Consultant who started gardening after learning that food that contains the most nutrients is freshly grown food.  My boyfriend and I now grow at least 70% of our food for the year including poultry for meat and eggs. From July until March we buy very little produce if any. We grow and harvest our own veggies all winter. We source things we cannot grow or raise from local, sustainable and nutritious sources. 
2. I love being active. I walk my dog twice a day, bike, hike, swim, skip rope, practice yoga, do push ups and sit ups,  garden and maintain the yard, play catch with my boyfriend,fish and fly fish, kayak at the beach and sometimes, although not as often as we would like, get our canoe out for a paddle. The older I get the less I can sit still, except to update my blog and work as a Holistic Nutrition Consultant. 
3. I never assume I know anything, it leaves no room for learning and growth. I am interested in everything and anything.  Diversity is extremely important in life. 
4. I'm terrified of snakes, even dead ones, but I'm working on that. They are good for the garden. 
5. I would love to completely live off the land someday. That's the goal we're working towards. I love bartering with people, trading asparagus spears for tomato transplants is a fantastic form of currency. 
6. I blare music constantly, especially when working outdoors. 
7. I'm extremely easy to please, the simple life is all we need.  I'm glad I've discovered this early in life.  Sometimes I feel like a much older person in a 26 year old body. 
15 bloggers I'm nominating include:

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You deserve an award. I always enjoy stopping by your blog. Thank you for think of me. Im glad you like to swing by and sit on my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for you Phallen to be nominated. Enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phallen - you're amazing. I'm crossing my fingers, my toes, and I'm holding my breath.

    ReplyDelete