Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Solstice!


The garden is officially put to bed, where there will not be much growth on anything in the cold frame or under row covers until late February or early March. Time to do some major garden planning indoors, with my feet up by the fire. Plans for next year include: expanding the asparagus beds, hopefully planting grape vines, hopefully get another haskap berry bush or two (I've got three already), adding some fruit trees (although we've very little room for them), and building a greenhouse. We had hoped to build a greenhouse this fall, however home renos came first and now there is not much point in tackling the project until the spring.  I have already been scouring seed catalogues and websites to pick out my choices for next year. I saved a lot of seeds this year from my own crops and before you know it, it's going to be February and time to start seeds again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment