Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Parsley.


I can never grow enough parsley. I use it a lot in cooking, as a garnish and as a snack. I eat the green leaves whenever I'm tooling around the garden. I grow both curly and flat leaf varieties, loving them both for different reasons. Did you know parsley is much more than just a garnish? It's sometimes referred to as the healthiest herb due to it's nutritional content. Parsley is a very good source of fiber, vitamins A, C and K, folate, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, copper and manganese. Parsley is also a good source of vitamin e, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, niacin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, zinc and protein. It's delicious too and hardly lives up to it's 'just a garnish' reputation. Try topping all your meals with fresh parsley. Grow a plant in your flower garden, a container on your deck or in your garden. It's a fairly compact plant if you harvest it often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment