Monday, April 7, 2014

Seedling Update



My best looking celeriac plant. Growing lots of these this year after last year being our first year growing this fantastic crop. They were amazing to add to mashed potatoes and I can't imagine not growing them every year as one of our staple crops. 


We didn't grow many leeks last year, as you can see I'm making up for that this year. I really missed having leeks in the fall months, especially since we have fresh deer and chicken in the fall. Leeks are nutritious and delicious, making them a must-grow for your onion collection. We also grow red onions, shallots, scallions and lots of yellow/white storage onions. 

I almost forgot that we are trying our 'thumbs' at growing sweet potatoes this year. Which will be an adventure, and hopefully, a success. I ordered cuttings to root and am excited to try this crop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment