Thursday, June 12, 2014

Problems...


Sometimes problems aren't really problems at all, like these self seeded radishes. See, where I'm planning on planting my pole bean teepees this year is covered with these self seeded Easter egg radishes. I let them go to seed last year to collect some of the seeds and since the best place for the seed pods to dry is on the plant, often a few slip through your hands and onto the soil when collecting them. No problem, I love self seeded crops for one and two we can eat as many of these baby sized radishes as we want between now and bean planting time, sometime after the full moon on Friday, when temperatures are supposed to rise to stay above 10 degrees overnight. I'll also be planting my tomatoes, peppers and ground cherries as well as all the squashes, cukes, zukes and melons that I'm hardening off now, in the next couple weeks. 


Before their bath. 


All shined up. 


Mustard greens and mixed kale, love that we can make garden meals already. 

2 comments:

  1. I have never had radish reseed! What a find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like letting them go since the flowers are so pretty, pollinators love them too!

    ReplyDelete