Tuesday, June 3, 2014



With the exception of the heat loving crops like sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cukes, zukes, pumpkins, squashes, peppers and ground cherries, the garden has officially been planted. I'm planting another row of carrots and potatoes later on in the summer to stagger the yields, I've already planted one full row of carrots and several rows of potatoes. We have another garden bed fully planted with peas and potatoes. That's all for now, now it's time to keep up on the weeding. 


4 comments:

  1. High five! Just replanted in the raised bed cold frame.. chard, some lettuce, French fillet beans and more carrots. Lid got left on two days ago, so we had a bit of a solar bake in the front cold frame. First time we messed up!! Your beds look wonderful Jessica. Exciting heh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivating post, as always! Also, is that a new single-sided cold frame I see?? Is it made out of a storm door? I'd love to see a post on how you built your cold frames!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gardeningbren!! I'd be lying if I said we didn't kick back on the deck with a cider afterwards for a mini celebration. It's amazing how quickly the cold frames can heat up, I've had one of mine drying out quickly in the mornings from just leaving one side closed. I'm extremely excited, just waiting for more consistent night temperatures before the corn, tomatoes, etc... go in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a new cold frame you see Krista, and yes both of our cold frames are constructed from old storm doors. John built the new one for me in the fall when I had a large bed of greens I wanted to keep. I'll have to dig up my archived post on constructing my first cold frame and write a new one on how we built the second one. Love, love, love my cold frames!

    ReplyDelete