Monday, November 14, 2011

Armchair Gardening.


Slowly but surely winter is creeping in and books are taking over my house. I recently had my 26th birthday and was lucky enough to receive Plants for Atlantic Gardens by Jodi Delong and Locavore by Sarah Elton from my mother and sister respectively. I picked up the other two books from a community bizarre I recently attended. In my opinion one can not have enough gardening literature to peruse during the colder winter months. With colourful pictures and gardening ideas at your fingertips, reading keeps your gardening spirit alive. Winter is a great time for reflection, education and planning. I am currently daydreaming in anticipation of the Vesey's seed catalogue I'm slated to receive. Come March I'll have dreamed up all kinds of new projects for myself as well as a to do list including new garden beds, new locations for perennials, plans for bulb and perennial divisions and other landscaping projects. I'm sure I'll pick up more gardening books to entertain myself, not to mention the numerous health books I consume daily. I'll also be working on developing some sort of a library space in my house. At this point it's becoming a necessity.  

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the book, Jessica! And I know what you mean about a library--I have one, sort of throughout the house, because as I always say, my bad habits are plants, books, and cats. And we have plenty of all of those things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jodi, we have too much in common! Of course there could be worse vices.

    ReplyDelete