Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Constantly Cooking.


Snapped s0me pictures during food prep time last night. Carrots from our garden here. Dug up from under their cozy canopy of straw.


Leeks from the garden. The outer leaves will die from the weather but the inner leaves stay protected. Leeks are finicky to store so we usually leave them out and use them as long as we can. If they are to spoil before we get to use them they become much welcomed chicken food.



Chicken and veg soup started.



Ghee.


Sourdough and Soup Stock, rising and chilling.

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make leek and potato soup. This post just reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I've made it quite a few times this summer/fall. I've been adding leeks to my chicken soup and they go together famously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leeks can be sliced and frozen.....they make great additions to soups, etc. Helps to make sure some don't get neglected. Haven't grown any in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew that, thanks so much for the tip Sharon! I better grab the remaining ones soon here, they're definatly feeling the weather. I grow them every year, I couldn't do without them.

    ReplyDelete