Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Garden Goods.


It's rather late in the season to be overrun with beans, although I'll take it. We had planted our bean plants so much later than usual due to the late frosts we had in the spring.  My third crop of bush beans is ready now at the same time as our first crop of pole beans, which are slower growing, are really amping up production. Keeping my fingers and tossed crossed that there will NOT be any early frost this year. It was really cool last night.  

The plums are from my boyfriend's parents trees and in front of them we have our constant bowl of tomatoes for fresh eating. 


I had to steal some not-quite-ready, fresh onions for the relish I am canning today. You can use onions fresh, the whole curing process does mellow out the flavor a bit, but is mostly for storage purposes.  Same with shallots and garlic. Fresh garlic is a real treat, quite spicy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment