Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Heading into Fall.



It really feels like fall is on it's way when these guys bloom. 


So Sunny.



Our largest watermelon. I keep turning it on it's little bed of dry straw to try and keep it nice and uniform. 


We have a lot of butternut squash this year, which is fantastic. They store really well once cured, lasting into the winter months when you really enjoy a rich orangey-yellow bowl of soup. 


This pepper plant is loaded with red and green peppers at different stages of readiness. 


Dinner. Pole beans and corn on the cob. 


I made fish tacos and used this slaw to top them. Kohlrabi, carrot, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and sesame oil. 


Cucumbers for pickling. I'm making relish and other condiments these days. 


Harvesting lots of beauty toms these days. I took a picture of this end for a reason, that's what I want to see no blossom end rot, no blight.  Tomato success, so far! 

2 comments:

  1. Don't say the 'b' word please..either of them ;-)

    So far so good....

    Your slaw sounds delicious. And..you have corn. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm assuming I just jinxed myself by speaking up too soon, especially with more rain on it's way. Both the slaw and corn were delicious! I'm hoping to grow more corn next year, I always underestimate it's production.

    ReplyDelete