Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today's To-Do list.

While trying to sort my thoughts today I decided to jot down a quick to-do list. I thought it was a neat glimpse into my day so I decided to share it. I would normally walk my dog Dio every morning for an hour but he is currently displaying a slight limp and gets the day off to rest and recover.

Chickens-Done! Gathered eggs or rather stole them from our currently broody hen, Mama, cleaned and changed waterer, freshened feed and fed our food scraps from yesterday.

Make sourdough to rise.

Hang onions/shallots that are ready to dry. Trim the dried garlic for storage.

Clean out chicken house and add contents to manure pile.

Pick at weeding the garden. (This is done everyday to some extent)

Start sowing rye as a cover crop in the cleared areas of the garden where kale isn't being transplanted.

Transplant kale into garden.

Pick through the strawberries for any ripe or rotten ones that need to be removed.

Harvest tomatoes that are ready, maybe make salsa depending on yield, pick ground cherries and green peppers that are ready and train peas toward fence.

Pick green and yellow beans to be pickled this evening.

Work on my summer newsletter for blog.

This should take me until 2:00pm when I have to get ready to head to town, provided I go start my sourdough right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment