Tuesday, October 23, 2012


Planted my garlic the last weekend in September. I planted about 20 bulbs, if I remember correctly, with about 5-7 cloves on each bulb. I covered the bed with straw and will throw some leaves over the straw once more fall. 


Fennel is a questionable perennial in my zone. It came back last year and I think I'll try it again with these two stalks nestled into the straw. I'll cut them down at the base, leaving the roots, mark the spot and protect it with a row cover as well as some leaves or straw. 


Tree Love. 

2 comments:

  1. Did you plant the bulbs or divide the bulbs and plant the cloves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George, I divided the bulbs and planted the individual cloves, each clove planted will grow into a nice bulb of garlic. I can't think of any other crop easier to grow than garlic. It requires very little fuss.

    ReplyDelete