Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Holiday Blooms.


I've started some indoor gardening for gifts and for myself. It's a little early to start paperwhite bulbs for Christmas blooms. I've started them around this time before and had them bloom weeks before the holidays. I did start this Amaryllis bulb indoors the other day to add to our holiday decor. The nurseries usually get the Amaryllis bulbs in around the same time you want to plant them for the holidays, they take around 7-10 weeks to bloom.  Add a bow, some dried moss and even some red berries or rose hips to the pot and you have a lovely centerpiece. 


2 comments:

  1. I love the appearance of mosses. There are so many varieties, textures and shades from light grey to beautiful emerald. And they do look lovely around forced bulbs.

    ReplyDelete