Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Garden Dinner.


This was last week, our first all garden dinner with the exception of the locally bought haddock. Haddock en papillote with zucchini and carrot matchsticks and garden dill, beet greens with baby beet on the end and red garden potatoes. The beet greens and potatoes are simply boiled until tender. The best part for me about garden fresh fare is it needs so little  fuss to taste amazing. The fresh flavors are enough to stand on their own, with a little butter and sea salt.  

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can taste that...and presented so beautifully. Like that you left the beet leaves attached to the baby beets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have thinned the beets earlier for the greens, but I've done this before and it works really well. The baby beets don't even need to be peeled to eat. I was so hungry, I tried to arrange it as nicely as possible even though I was getting impatient to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. been there!!! Big grin. Beans really coming on. I so need to blog ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! Went from zero to overrun in a day!

    ReplyDelete