Friday, February 21, 2014


I haven't been posting too many pictures of my meals lately, which is too bad since we cook something great every night. Last night we had a chicken soup made with our own chicken carcass (leftover from cutting breasts, legs and wings off a chicken), mushrooms, some bok choy I scrounged up from the cold frame and mung bean sprouts we sprouted. I added lots of organic ginger and garlic to the broth as well as a splash of tamari and fish sauce and served it over rice noodles, which could easily be replaced with soba noodles. 

I did a freezer inventory yesterday since I hate wasting food and when your freezer is as full as mine is it's important to take stock of what you have and what needs to be used first. I also make sure anything that's vacuum sealed is still sealed and if not, I take it out to use before it gets freezer burnt. 

I was beyond ecstatic to find one last bag of wild cranberries hidden in behind some other items. 


These precious cranberries are to die for. They're really different than cultivated cranberries. We have limited amounts because we don't like to pick the patch clean as they're obviously food for bears and other wildlife. I say obviously because there's often 'evidence' we'll call it, of bears eating the cranberries where we pick them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment