Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Grape Vines


Growing away, especially since the sun is gaining power. 


They all have leaf growth in various stages now. I'm really hoping I don't have troubles hardening them off in the spring/early summer. Since it's not the typical, or maybe even ideal, time to propagate the vines I can't find much information on hardening them off. My plan is to move them to the greenhouse , I'm hoping to have built, in the early spring before planting them out after risk of frost has passed. If they were dormant, I would plant them before risk of frost has passed as one usually does, because of the leaf growth I'll have to wait. 


The little pots with woody cuttings in them are from one of my haskap bushes. The heavy snow we had early on snapped several of the branches off. I took them indoors, made a new cut and dipped the cuttings in rooting hormone before planting in the small pots. Several have rooted already and although they will be slow to grow, eventually we will have several new haskaps bushes to add to our collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment