Friday, February 14, 2014

I'm in Love!!


I just received this beautiful wheel hoe from Hoss Tools, equipped with three cultivator teeth and an oscillating hoe for weeding. Since my garden grows every year, weeding is a full time job. We weed the garden every day, as well as mulching to keep weeds down, and even then it's never enough. We also have stopped tilling our soil every year also, favoring manual shallow cultivation instead. This tool will be saving us a lot of work!  I will be using it to cultivate the soil prior to planting and weeding in between the rows. I'm looking into getting the plow attachments also which allow you to form rows and then fill them in. Making planting potatoes child's play. Since I won't be able to get this into the garden anytime soon, with several feet of snow covering the garden,  I haven't fully assembled it. It packs away quite nicely for storage purposes. I will be trying it out ASAP, as soon as the soil is workable usually, and hopefully, around the first of April. When you try and grow as many vegetables for yourself as we do, a tool like this is simply invaluable, even though the wheel hoe is reasonable priced and I imagine I will have it for many, many years to come since there's no doubt it's well built.  


The three tined cultivator. 


Wooden handles, no plastics anywhere on this tool, just how I like it!  


The oscilating hoe used for weeding is the attachment in the middle, looks like it's going to do a great job.  


The three heavy-duty tines. 



Didn't take my kitty Myrtle long to realize there was a box on the floor. She's sitting beside the oscillating hoe here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment