Thursday, February 6, 2014

S is for Cinnamon.


We made a whole pile of venison sausage patties again this year. These devils are amazing to have on hand. It's like having fast, frozen, convenience food that is actually none of those things. We ground up fresh, or uncured, bacon and mixed it with the ground deer burger in several different batches seasoned differently. When we vacuum sealed them for freezing I marked them to try and differentiate between the different seasonings. This one I marked with a S. I took this package out last night and racked my brain, what the heck did the S stand for? I have ones marked Cumin that are seasoned with cumin, sage, mustard powder, garlic and other seasonings. I have one marked as I for Italian with rosemary, thyme, fennel seed, garlic and other seasonings. I have ones marked with a B for breakfast seasoned with onion, apple, cinnamon, ginger and other seasonings. I have no idea what the S stands for. I cooked them anyway and they definitely have cinnamon in them, although not much and maybe curry powder? When I made about 6 different batches all flavored differently, I really should have wrote them down! Oh well, what's dinner without a little excitement anyway?   

2 comments:

  1. S....savory? maybe not, but they all sound delicious. We love wild venison...lucky you.

    Seed order sounds like it's going well, and your garden drawing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I initially thought! It's so amazing how your mind governs your senses, neither of us could pick out another seasoning other than the cinnamon. If I had it labelled properly it would be so obvious what the other seasonings are. I love the wild venison too, we eat a lot of it. I'm convinced if someone doesn't like it, that they just haven't enjoyed it prepared properly.

    Seed order is later than usual this year, I had so many viable seeds left over from last year and saving our own it was really nice to have less urgency to the order.

    ReplyDelete