Thursday, September 20, 2012

Before the Rain, During the Wind.


I thought I may lose these guys in the wind they had forecasted and had to snap some pictures just in case.  


Man down, we lost a bean teepee in the wind. Ripped the roots right out of the ground. 


Brussel sprouts are just the coolest to grow. You can start taking the bigger ones from the bottom and allow the upper sprouts to develop. 


All the tomatoes are ripening at once. Hopefully they don't split in the rain, although if they do it sure doesn't affect the taste of salsa. 


Marigolds blooming in the garden. 


Drooling over these shallots, they're the best! One of my favourite things we grow, I know that doesn't mean much since I say everything is my favourite, these shallots store really well. 


A bee on a sunflower. 


Nodding. 


A perfectly ripe ground cherry in front of the massive plants they grow on. Prolific hardly scratches the surface, ground cherries are a must in the garden. We pack these little guys in our lunches, take them to town for a snack, put out bowls during social events and every other occasion we can think of to eat these guys. Apparently they make a mean pie, although I have never tried it. 


Harvesting onions. 

2 comments:

  1. The marigold you gave me is flowering now also. Everything you've grown looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marigolds are almost unattractive they're so neon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete