Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Inside the Cold Frame Today.


Arugula, radishes, a few different types of lettuces, spinach and more kale have all germinated. The temps have been in the high teens low twenties this week making it ideal weather for germination. There is going to be some cooler weather coming in the future so hopefully nothing suffers. 



A radish or two. 


Tiny lettuce seedlings. 


Again. 



Placing some seaweed mulch around my kale plants. 


The arugula. I normally would never sow arugula this thick, I was not sure how successful it would be so I planted extra. Obviously, there was no need. I will leave some of the seedlings to mature a little before thinning them. The hens will gladly take care of any discards I have. 


Dirty row Covers drying in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment