Monday, October 21, 2013

Dandelion Tea.


I killed two birds with one stone the other day by weeding my gardens of dandelions and then roasting them. This picture was taken during the washing stage. You simply thoroughly wash the roots, swishing them around in water works best, chop them up and roast them in a single layer. I set my oven to 200 degrees. After they have been thoroughly roasted and dried you can then grind them up for storage and use. I drink a pot of dandelion tea every morning before breakfast. 

This article came out last year and is highly interesting to say the very least.



ETA: Like any other herb or supplement you should check with your Medical Doctor or other health professional before consuming dandelion or dandelion root. Dandelion root is a diuretic and can interfere with certain conditions and medications. I know that it can interfere with diuretic medications and should be avoided if you are taking any.  

2 comments:

  1. Good!! Although it's definitely an acquired taste. I really like it because it's bitter like coffee and although I love coffee, I try to not drink it at all.

    ReplyDelete