Wednesday, October 23, 2013

From the Fall Garden


Fall slaw from the garden. Kohlrabi and carrots. I could probably eat this everyday and not get sick of it. I change the dressings often to mix things up. For this one I used apple cider vinegar, honey, lemon and sea salt. 


We ate our last crooked zuke. My favorite way to eat my zukes is super simple. Melt some butter in a pan and add a clove or two of minced garlic. Saute for one minute and then add the zucchini in either chunks or julienned and saute until just tender. The zuke pieces really take on the garlicky flavor.   


Cleaning up the yard and garden with lots of the garden still going strong! I will have to do an update to showcase everything we have that is still growing into the fall and winter. 

3 comments:

  1. I love non-cream based slaw. love it. Hate mayonnaise, hate cream-based dressings. but only have one recipe that's really simple but getting boring. Could you share a couple recipes for the dressing (with measurements)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do measurements!! One I really love is an asian slaw with cabbage, carrots and lots of cilantro, garlic and green onions with sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, tamari and fish sauce vinagrette. You can top it with organic peanuts if you feel fancy. I also make a slaw for fish tacos with carrots, cabbage, cilantro and a cumin, coriander, lime juice and a little bit of oil dressing. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asian dressings make everything taste so pungent. Love it!

    ReplyDelete