Thursday, February 23, 2012

Our Second Garden.



The Expansion.


Tilling with our old tiller. 


When Dio was just a little puppy. 


Planted with what looks like peas, onions/shallots/leeks, tomatoes, beans, carrots and potatoes. Not too sure what else, maybe I will find a better picture to jog my memory. 


Not too sure what I have between the rows for mulch here. Looks like old grass clippings so it probably is. 



Garden from our step. 


Radishes will quickly go to seed in the heat of summer. 


I think Myrtle liked the clump of catnip that she killed and has never returned. Cats can be hard on catnip. 


Carrots from our garden that year. 


A sunny and some stevia growing on the step. Stevia is a natural sweetener. I chew on the leaves when I'm working around the yard. 



Of course this was also the year Dio dug up all our carrots and ate them on us. We had an early snow so we were still harvesting the leeks pictured behind him. 



The garden behind mountain ash berries heavy with snow. 


The back view during the summer. 


Again from the front. 

I have no photos of any of the harvest besides the carrots. If I recall correctly, the garden did well that year. It must have or we would not have expanded yet again the next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment