Friday, February 24, 2012

Year three of Flowers. 


Some crocus the previous owners must have planted since I did not!


Iris Reticulata, I planted these little gems. 


After they've flowered. 


Boris chilling with some siberian squill. 


Hyacinths planted around my birch trees where I made two more flower beds the year before but did not really take any pictures of the process. 


Spring bulbs. This year this bed will be absolutely bursting with blooms.


We added a new bed to the left hand side of this one. I did not have anything planted in it at this time. 


Thanks for the help Boris, I really needed my checkered lilies crushed. 


From the front. 


Daffodils in the fairly new bed. 


My hollyhocks I planted from seed with dwarf sunflowers and petunias. 


From the front. 



I planted a lot of impatiens that year. They do extremely well in shade areas. I found they were hard to remove and did not plant them again, even though they were quite lovely. I planted annuals in this bed until I could decide on perennials for these spots. 



The birch tree beds and my favourite corner of the yard. 


The start of the bed to the left of the house with the hollyhocks, dwarf sunflowers and petunias planted in it. 


When we took out the railroad tie and I planted the impatiens. 



Hanging baskets of petunias. 


Pansies.

Take your time, have some patience and grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment