Monday, January 27, 2014

Full Freezer


I love this sight. We have a 14 cu ft freezer and it is currently completely full, as well as my upstairs freezer that I use mostly for frozen fruit and veg. Not one package of meat in my freezer came from the grocery store and I could not be happier. We currently have two deer, a fair amount the of the 27 chickens we raised, several turkeys, some odd fish (trout and haddock) as well as some grass fed beef from Linden Leas and even one pork roast from Westernwind Farm .

We would have loved to get more pork, although unfortunately we ran out of freezer room and are yet to have enough space for anything else. I keep my frozen berries, veggies and other non-meat items in the freezer upstairs to try and be somewhat organized. There's nothing worse than having something you need buried in a pile of frozen meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment